Your Nova Scotia Water Experts
Ph: 829-2474, Fax: 829-2795, Toll Free: 1-866-945-2474 | We are open Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm Closed Sat. and Sun.
(C) Copyright Bluenose Well Drilling, 1974 - 2012 Website Designed and Hosted by: www.webdesign-testdrive.com
1. Turn the water off while you brush your teeth and save over two gallons a minute
2. Fix dripping faucets and running toilets. A leaky faucet that drips at a rate of one drop per second can waste up to 2,700 gallons a year.
3. Save water and money by choosing efficient shower heads, dishwashers, and other appliances. Look for the water sense labels.
4. Only run your washing machine and dish washer when they are full.
5. Dispose of chemicals properly at a hazardous waste drop off center- don't pour them on the ground, into the sewer or down the drain.
6. Avoid using pesticides or herbicides on your yard and garden-the chemicals can contaminate groundwater and streams and can also hurt kids and pets.
Consider the environment by following our 10 easy tips
8. If you must water the lawn water in the early morning or evening and try to avoid watering on windy days. This will limit the amount of water that is evaporated by the sun or blown onto sidewalks and driveways.
9. Plant a rain garden to add beauty to your yard, while absorbing and filtering runoff. Water absorbed in a rain garden will filter pollution otherwise headed for streams.
How You Can Save Water